UGI’s Board of Directors oversees the corporate governance of the Company for the purpose of creating long-term value for its shareholders and safeguarding its commitment to its other stakeholders: namely our employees, our customers, our suppliers and creditors, and the communities in which we do business.
The Board of Directors considers the interests of the Company’s stakeholders when, together with management, it sets the strategies and objectives of the Company. The Board also evaluates management’s performance in pursuing those strategies and achieving those objectives. In carrying out its responsibilities, the Board will:
- Review the strategy and objectives of the business;
- Evaluate the performance and compensation of named executive officers;
- Consider management succession plans;
- Advise and counsel management generally; and
- Monitor the compliance of the business in conjunction with legal and regulatory standards.